Browse through our selection of delicious recipes in our recipe centre! Tons of recipes perfect for any occasion, from breakfast to lunch to dinner and even dessert!
All of our recipes on ORBERA Coach® have been reviewed by a dietitian with years of experience in working with patients.
Try a taste with our Sample Recipe!
Angel Hair with
Sesame Shrimp Sauce
READY IN 30 MINUTES
This recipe can be prepped in less than 10 minutes and cooked in less than 15 minutes. The brown sugar is only 1 tablespoon (15 mL), but the molasses in the sugar really helps the sauce in this dish grab onto the pasta. Chutney can found in the Indian section of the grocery store and you may have a few to choose from. This dish does not freeze well but tastes good cold and goes great with fresh cut up fruit.
- 6 oz (170 g) whole wheat angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 1 pound (1/2 kg) asparagus tips, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup (50 mL) low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chutney
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped green onions
- ½ cup (125 mL) white vinegar
- 1 pound (1/2 kg) raw shrimp
Prepare pasta according to package directions; two minutes before pasta is done, add asparagus tips.
- When pasta and asparagus are done, drain.
- Place oil, garlic and mushrooms in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, chutney, toasted sesame seeds, green onions and vinegar. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp to the sauce and cook for another 5 to 8 minutes.
- Toss shrimp and sauce with pasta and asparagus and serve.
Serving size 1-1/2cups(375mL)
Calories from Fat 60
Total Fat 7g
Total Saturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 32g
Dietary Fiber 6g